Squash is a universal term used for the vegetables such as zucchini, courgettes, pumpkin and marrows etc. Squash is a vegetable with health and medicinal punch and availed throughout the world as the most versatile and sumptuous vegetable.
Squash is available even from the ancient days with the archaeological data taking back to around 9000 years ago. They can be your reliable acquaintances in your steps towards a perfect health. The multiple varieties in squash have the capability in improving your eye sight, maintaining skin health as you age and protecting the immune system, if consumed on a regular basis.
Different types of edible oils with multiple health benefits can be extracted from the seeds of squash.
Health Benefits of Squash:
- Not just the seeds and flesh of squash vegetables but the peel of it also has many health benefits that befits to all age groups and genders.
- It is low in calories and high on Vitamins and minerals such as A and C, and potassium and folate.
- Few vegetable types also consist of dietary fibre that is essential for fibre needs of the body.
- It also contains protein, magnesium, calcium and other nutrients that your body requires on a regular basis.
- Squash is not just a key resource of multiple nutrients but also protects from serious health issues such as cancer and diabetes.
- It is an excellent source of antioxidants, carotenoids and anti-inflammatory compounds that aid you in fighting various health conditions.
With all the goodness of a healthy life, here are the 3 important reasons why Squash should be a part of your regular diet.
Squash for Vision:
The introduction of digital screens taking a bit toll on eye health, causing various serious health complications. Protecting the eye health, squash provides all the nutrients and Vitamins the eye needs for a better health.
- It contains excess amount of Vitamin A which is imperative for eye health. However, body will convert only the quantity it requires.
- The rich amounts of beta-carotene and lutien in Squash vegetables, prevent the muscular degeneration that is part of age-related health issues.
- It also prevents the onset cataracts, another serious eye health condition that may lead to blindness if not treated.
- High levels of beta-carotene are connected to reduced muscle degeneration, glaucoma and cataracts.
- In simple words, Squash provides the body with stocks Vitamin A that help the body in yielding beta-carotene in more than sufficient quantities.
Squash for Skin Health:
Squash is one of those vegetables that do more than good for the skin health. However, you have to ensure it is part of your diet for a long-term.
- Free radicals cause more harm to the skin cells but not in the presence of antioxidants, provided by Squash.
- Squash is rich in Vitamins, nutrients and other minerals that help in maintaining the skin health.
- It also protects the skin from getting damaged due to the sun exposure.
Squash for Powerful Immune System:
Our body requires all the nutrients and protein to fight various health conditions, and Squash is a rich source of various nutrients and protein. It contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Potassium and other important antioxidant compounds. All these Vitamins and nutrients are essential for body to neutralise the free radicals, protecting the body from health issues.
- Neutralising the free radicals that are mixed in the blood as the byproducts of cellular metabolism.
- These free radicals are the reason for ageing and other health complications such as cancer, various heart diseases and premature ageing.
- The rich presence of lutein and zeaxanthin help the body in boosting up the responsive immune system.
Squash, being a combination of healthy vegetables’ combination, gives you every reason to be in the list of foods for healthy living. There are various varieties you have to dish out deliciousness out of Squash. Make this amazing vegetable basket your favourite for a better vision, skin and immune health.
For medical treatment in India, Visit: https://www.healthopinion.net/